Thursday

I Can't Concentrate

I do a lot of reading, a lot of paper work... it's part of my job. Today I arrived at the office a bit early and started going over the case files that were on my desk and, multi-tasker that I am, went through my emails as well. I won't get into detail but one of the emails was sent to me in confidence, I was BCC-ed on a co-worker's response and I just got chills down my spine. I tried to convince myself that it's nothing and that they wouldn't show me this if they didn't have my back. Still, I can't focus on my tasks, I can't concentrate, and worst of all - I'm MAD.
I'm rarely ever mad, I just don't know how to deal with this emotion. My heart rate goes up, my body starts shaking and I feel like I'm going to explode. And for what? A good for nothing piece of crap who thinks he's better than me because he went to a better university. Bottom line is, I'm smarter than he is and it pisses me off that a person with a single digit IQ who had the connections and cash to go to Harvard gets the nerve to send an email to my co-worker telling him that I should be fired because he just doesn't think a person with my "background" should be in such a popular firm. He might as well have said "She's black and she's a woman, let her go."

Men piss me off enough as it is, but a racist man... wow. I hope karma comes and bites him in the ass. In the meantime, he better pray to God we never face each other in court.

Jane out.

No comments:

Post a Comment