Thursday

Google API - Is there an alternative?

Ok, I admit, I didn't know what the Google API was until the news broke out and my brother, a super affiliate (I love saying that) started freaking out that this basically means the end of his website.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely internet-dumb. I do use Google Translate all the time, but the acronym API is a first for me.
So, since I am addicted to the WhiteSmoke Writer, and I have not failed to notice that there is a lovely little tab right beside it called the WhiteSmoke Translator, I hereby send out a request on behalf of my brother, Rick, please make your Translator available in an API sort of version thing.

There! See, Rick? I care :)

Oh, this is the WhiteSmoke Translator page I found on their website: www.whitesmoke.com/translator.html

And this is their homepage, obviously: www.WhiteSmoke.com

Good luck all you Translator API dependent people! I'm here if you need any legal help, Rick's got his own blog for technical stuff :)

Jane out!

P.S Curiosity got the best of me and a simple Google search led me to the following information: API=Application Programming Interface. I still don't know what it means though...

No comments:

Post a Comment