Wednesday

A Complaint About Complaints

So who hasn't heard of the BBB (Better Business Bureau - http://www.bbb.org/)?
Yesterday it got mentioned in an argument I overheard about some company - we shall keep it nameless for the time being. Anyway, one person basically told the other that "said" company was unreliable, a scam, and a general bad idea. Why did this person believe such horrible things? Because he read about it on the BBB website when he searched for the company's name there. I was sitting with my laptop on the nearby coffee table so I figured I'd visit the site and check it out and here's what pissed me off:

As a consumer, I can see how many complaints a certain company has received in the past year and how long it took the company to deal with those complaints. The problem is - that's all I see! What if I'm happy with the service the company is providing? Can I leave a good comment or review for fellow consumers? NO! It's an organization built solely upon complaints and that's kind of hypocritical and I don't like it.

So here's me saying "I pity the fool" who relies upon the BBB.

Voila,

M. Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment